On finally sitting down in departures after the often laborious check-in process, have you ever had that “aaarrrgh!” moment of realisation that something crucial to you has been forgotten?
Having been fortunate enough to travel a lot over the last few years – and in order to avoid those “aaaarrrgh!”moments, I take comfort in knowing exactly what I need to throw in my hand luggage at the last minute, including must have items and comforting treats.
As the summer holidays are in full swing, I thought it would be fun to create a Pinterest board to share my - and hopefully inspire your - packing essentials!
Whether it a short business trip, a family holiday or a romantic weekend getaway, there are certain items that space just needs to be made for!
Here are just a few of the suggestions for you to consider (click on the pinterest sign at the bottom of the page to view the full board):
- Kindle & Case: I always have my kindle close at hand so this gorgeous Kate Spade leather cover is a stylish way to enjoy and look after it.
- Lip-Balm: This minty, miracle balm from Crème de la Mer smooths and softens your lips - perfect for a summer or winter destination.
- Cashmere Socks: Very spoiling but it has become an indulgent habit of mine to keep a pair of cashmere socks in my hand luggage- I always seem to get more sleep on the plane because of it…
- Hammam Towel: My most versatile travelling companion has to be a Turkish Hamam Towel - throw it over you on the plane, wear it as a scarf, great for the beach - the list goes on!
- Sunglasses: I love my Tiffany sunglasses to help add a bit of glamour to the journey (and anything that can help to hide dark circles at the end of a long flight with a one year old is welcome!)
I hope I have given you an idea or two. Enjoy!
PS Don’t forget your passport!